Friday 5 May 2023


BEATS OF LOVE

86. Sun Circles : For Leo & Ziggy (Alex Kassian remix) by Gratts featuring Nathan Haines & Mr Beale

AFTER FINISHING Emma's wonderful book twice, I've been in a 60s deep soul wormhole, which has been great for my body. 


However, a Richard Searling clip of Blackpool tower ballroom's northern weekender that reduced the daytime movers to robotic line dancers sent me back to the soulful present coz dancing should have more passion. Daytime dancing simply looks odd anyway. 



Berlin based Alex Kassian has delivered three absolute summer smashes in volley like succession, so this remix was always going to have my ears. I have to disagree with the insider who prefers the original version. I especially like the fact he prizes open the vocals coz they're simply sublime.

This remix flutters delightfully and has a more ethereal quality. Once again utilizing his genius use of the sampler and marvellous piano part. * It's infinitely better for moving to. 

Be Strong Be Free looks like becoming another essential label. It's off to a flyer. 

*He just sampled a chord from  BOC's Olson and recorded his own piano. - Gratts



No comments:

Post a Comment