Thursday, 24 November 2022

BEATS OF LOVE 

71. Time Has Told Me by Nick Drake

THIS YEAR has taught me an awful lot and profoundly strengthened my faith.


Walking away from family and a close friend is private. While outside opinions will inevitably twist and distort the truth, I choose to leave the rights and wrongs to a higher power.




I know the emotional fallout of this year will linger, but I take massive comfort in the relationships that survived and healed. The Missus' sharp, perceptive observations were a beacon, drawing those who remain closer together through a shared understanding of what has been happening for years. Time will tell my side of the story.

This internal struggle is why Nick Drake’s music resonates so deeply with me now. Written when he was just 21, his songs showcase an odd maturity and a beautiful disdain for convention. His lyrics wrap themselves around my experience, proving that we can find solace by embracing both the beauty of solitude and the imperfections of companionship.

Faith in the future is all we have. I am deeply grateful for the magic of his music, a troubled soul turned wise sage, which continues to teach me how to heal and nudges me toward tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment