Saturday 4 December 2021

BEATS OF LOVE

27.  Love Is by Martini

ANTICIPATION USED to be a regular feature of record buying. I recall the excited walk to Golden Disc buying Adam and the Ant's latest releases. If I was lucky and it was in stock, I then faced the tough decision of whether to buy a picture disc or poster pack. If I was unlucky, it was a long walk home. 


Or the ooh ahh when the Roses Second Coming LP was finally released after a 5 year wait. You could barely move around HMV to buy it on a cold and wet December evening, and when I finally got it home, the label was miss-pressed. It still span but looked unsightly and sounded more than a little disappointing. Love Spreads was the best tune on it. 


I've not anticipated much this year, but this has given me a proper itch. I nearly ordered one from the States a few months ago, but luckily I held back. It's another reissue so doesn't really feel exciting to hold but thankfully it has been mastered properly so sounds exciting. Marco Gegenheimer has been credited with bringing this light touch stepper to a wider audience so deserves a hearty thank you. Light touch, but majestic. Hats off also to the slightly mysterious Death on Wax for reissuing it. Not seen a label sell a tee after one release before. Next week I will be dipping into the remixes. 

As I only heard of it through the usual channels, I saw the eye-watering prices and just settled on this reissue. Then the itching started, and the waiting began. And then summer came and went and then Autumn. I'm so glad it has finally materialized.  

I now have this on repeat coz it is a magical medicine for my soul that has been through an intensely troubled time of late. Recommended is a massive understatement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment