Friday 3 May 2024

 



BEATS OF LOVE 

119. Lipstick (Shout !) (Instrumental)  by J.M. Black

I RECALL the horror when I arrived home from work amid my forum frenzy and switched on the computer to read back not only my highly offensive sexist toilet humour but some much deserved frank criticism of it.


I quickly typed an apology in acute embarrassment, but I became much more self aware of what I posted online and, more importantly, what I thought thereafter. Sadly, evolving into a less offensive individual and accepting personal responsibility is an option many who fall foul of the offensive gaffe decide not to choose. 



Instead, they choose to further blame the object of their embarrassment, using lazy online support systems to justify their willful ignorance whilst stigmatizing and dehumanizing people. However, others often address imaginary audiences when they offend, and feel mortified by the hurt their ignorance causes others who they neglected to imagine. Sadly, there is also a portion that affiliates with marginalized groups who would never accept an apology from anybody. Ever. Instead, they look to maximise the embarrassment, using lazy online support systems to justify their unforgiving stance whilst stigmatizing and dehumanizing people.


Yes, sometimes, we all need to play more brilliant instrumentals like this absolute beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment